Friday Feb. 27, 1914

This has been a real spring like day. I saw a bluejay and several crows, Mora and Maud went to school but Mora came home at noon with a sore throat and an awfully bad cold in her head. I did not let her go back p.m. Maud had got a hard cold and so have I. Maud went down to Weatherup's to get some buttermilk but they told her to come again tomorrow as they were going to churn in the morning. Sidney started away toward Palermo about 9-30 am. I have felt so bad for several days that I have concluded to wean Lillian, have not nursed her at all today. She has been very good all day. Sidney did not come home tonight.

2 comments:

  1. My dear, how absolutely lovely to learn that you have a second blog, and one dedicated to preserving vintage journals. That's absolutely beautiful. I'm my family's genealogist, and though (sadly) there aren't any memoirs like this (that I'm aware) of my relatives, I love reading those of other peoples' families just as much as if they were my own.

    Thank you very much for your wonderfully nice comment on my vintage outfit post today, sweet lady, I really appreciate it.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica. The diaries are one of prized possessions. My mothers first cousin sent them to me from Colorado, even though she had grandchildren of her own, to possibly pass them down to. She knew I would preserve and take care of them.

      Delete